1) in re: the post i put up on saturday – everything’s chill now, at least for the time being. sorry for the social-media-driven-attention-grabby drama. i was going to get into a more serious/well-thought out discussion on how music helps us (or at least some of us) cope, but i lost the ambition. in case you’re wondering, the ambition’s still in absentia.
2) apparently, a lot of people are after the “allston ladies’ room/great scott” post from this summer today (which i’d link to if i had any fucking idea how to do that in WP anymore). i hope they enjoy it, then listen to my tracks on soundcloud and judge me for the self-hating oblivious cliche-ridden hipster i allegedly am. INTERNET.
3) obligatory animal collective-related note: panda bear’s “slow motion” was used in last night’s episode of CSI. that was a little baffling, especially because it was pitted against this super-cheesy, super-crime-show-cliche montage of investigation/baggin’-n’-taggin’-shit clips. i guess noah still needs more money before he can put tomboy out. lol, etc.
4) agalloch’s new record marrow of the spirit is a fantastic piece of work. i’m still not entirely cool with their singer’s kinda-dani-filthy delivery, but the music is definitely forging its own path in the realm of metal. if you’re into sturm und drang, dirges, and well-produced bombastitude (that isn’t a word, although it very should be), please do give it a spin. specifically while walking around town on a chilly winter evening.
5) had i not been coming down with an illness/dealing with a wounded boyfriend, the great scott holiday party on sunday night would have been quite fun. the music, supplied by local bands girlfriends and you can be a wesley, was enjoyable enough (though not 100% my thing; please, please tell me where i can go to freaky experimental/psychedelic/electronic/whacko shit in boston).
but what is it with all the pretentious formatting these days? girlfriends said they had music available in 7″ vinyl and cassettes. i get vinyl, although i myself would never buy it, but fucking cassettes? there is nothing good or redeemable about a cassette. possibly one could make a lame argument for the “mixtape vibe,” but fuck that. seriously. at any rate, you can put your shit on any…shit you want to put it on, and people can go ahead and collect all of it – do what you love and fuck the rest and all – but please also make mp3s/something useful to the other 99.9% of us available as well. /endrant
6) all i want for christmas is a friggin’ microkorg. or, well, a korg m3. but i’ll settle for a microkorg.
d’awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. oh man, get it, DAW? digital audio workstation? LOL.
yep, i need to get off the fucking computer.